15 Wills Street, BRIGHT VIC
New Sixpence location in ALBURY NSW
Sixpence Coffee is a small batch roastery and coffee bar located in the picturesque alpine town, Bright. We are excited to be expanding Sixpence Coffee, with a new coffee bar opening soon in Albury NSW. Sixpence is a team of coffee lovers who are passionate about all things coffee. From the initial bean selection to roasting, brewing and customer service, we strive to deliver the best coffee experience. We love what we do.
The working hours for our coffee bars are generally between 6:30am and 2:30pm Monday to Friday with some occasional weekend/event work. Perfect hours for maintaining a healthy work/life and balance maximising your play time.
Barista – Bright and Albury
We are seeking experienced baristas or hospo legends with the aspiration of becoming excellent baristas. Barista training will be provided for enthusiastic applicants committed to learning the craft. Positions are currently available at our Wills Street location with some exciting opportunities at a new Albury location opening soon. Our roastery and coffee bars use great equipment with machinery from the likes of Probat, Kees van der Westen, Mazzer and more.
Experience and Attributes
- Barista experience and understanding of brew ratios and espresso recipes or have a passion and willingness to learn
- Confidence in dialling in grinders, espresso machine start-up and shutdown and latte art or have a passion and willingness to learn
- Understanding of coffee types and alternative brewing methods
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Can take direction and immerse yourself in working as part of a brilliant team
- Are approachable and able to engage in friendly conversation
- Working with beautiful, high-end equipment
- Great hours leaving afternoons and most weekends free
- Fun, hardworking team of coffee enthusiasts
- Gaining an insight and understanding of the full coffee process (from green bean to cup)
- All the cups of coffee your heart desires
Our baristas are the face of our business. For this reason, they are responsible for going above and beyond to make sure that each customer has a fantastic experience every time they visit. This not only means crafting the best specialty coffees but also providing exceptional customer service. To make sure our baristas build great relationships with our customers, we rotate through a range of duties including till service, running coffee and of course working the machine. Our baristas are expected to be knowledgeable and passionate about coffee, and able and excited to answer any questions customers may have.
We have multiple positions available across Bright and Albury with varied hours. If this sounds like your cup of tea (or coffee), we’d love to hear from you.
Please send an up-to-date resume and a little bit about why this is the best job for you to email@example.com. Don’t forget to include the location you’re applying for (Bright or Albury).
We look forward to hearing from you.