Sixpence Albury are excited to be looking for a Cafe Supervisor, someone who is truly passionate about coffee, customer service and leadership. Work with us to continue to grow this beautiful Coffee Bar in the centre of Albury.
Sixpence Coffee is a small batch coffee roaster with a roastery and coffee bar located in the picturesque alpine town of Bright; and a brand new coffee bar recently opening in the culture filled rural city of Albury. Sixpence is made up of a team of passionate coffee lovers dedicated to providing the public with quality products. From the initial bean selection to roasting, brewing and customer service, we strive to deliver the best coffee experience around. We love what we do.
About the role
Sixpence Coffee is on the hunt for an experienced Café Supervisor with a strong passion for coffee, who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has fantastic customer service skills. This role would suit someone with supervisory experience in a similar venue. However, applications from those with a solid barista/café background looking to take the next step in their hospitality career are welcome. The successful applicant will take a key role in the day-to-day operations of our popular coffee bar in Albury. Our front of house staff are the face of the business with customers returning time and time again not only for the coffee but for the familiarity and sense of care they experience.
- Partaking in, overseeing and supervising day-to-day operations in the Coffee Bar
- Managing a small team of staff and assisting with rostering/recruiting
- Working closely with the Area Manager to meet financial targets
- Ensuring high standards and prescribed recipes are adhered to in the preparation and service of food and drinks
- Following cash management policies and procedures to ensure accountability of all money
- Training of new staff in the different roles within the coffee bar
- Providing exceptional customer service to all customers
- Fostering an environment of respect, collaboration and teamwork within Sixpence Coffee
The successful applicant must have:
- Experience in fast paced coffee shop environment with supervisory or managerial experience being beneficial
- Ability to lead a team of staff while role modelling best practices
- Passion for good coffee with a desire to learn more about origins, varietals, processes, and roasting procedures a plus
- Strong leadership qualities
- Understanding of food preparation and safe food handling procedures
- Friendly personality and the ability to develop positive relationships with staff and customers
- Ability to manage time, provide direction and prioritise tasks
Why work with us?Work/Life Balance
Working hours in our coffee bar generally fall between 7:30am and 3:30pm Monday to Friday with the occasional weekend event; leaving your evenings and most weekends free for your to enjoy!Opportunity to work with high end equipment
Our coffee bars use great equipment with machinery from the likes of Kees van der Westen, La Marzocco, Mazzer and more.
Working with a passionate and fun crew with experienced and supportive managers
If this sounds like your cup of tea (or coffee), we’d love to hear from you. Please send an up-to-date resume and a little bit about why this is the best job for you to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.